Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
We are currently seeking a Programming Coordinator, which sits primarily between our Video team and Social Media team, to operationalize workflow and juggle many different deliverables for multiple video series across a myriad of platforms. The role requires a foundational knowledge of distributed platforms and their unique audiences (IG, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.), the ability to self-manage and manage-up cross-departmentally, and an eagerness to learn new things and wear many different hats. You are an exceptional project manager in training!
Thrillist has a social media footprint of more than 7M users and a robust web presence that boasts millions of users every month. We’re looking for someone who is excited to help us stay at the cusp of digital publishing by coordinating all aspects of our video delivery and publication timeline. You should be an ultra-organized self-starter who has what it takes to get every video we produce, and its associated platform-specific assets, out the door on time. You excel in a deadline-driven environment, and you love email and Slack as much as getting up from your desk and walking across the office. This role reports into the Post Production Supervisor and will be responsible for executing on high-level strategy from above, creating clear deliverables, tracking them across multiple different teams, and seeing every deadline and project through to the very end. This is a great chance to be a part of the fabric of our video production team, as well as a key player in growing our very hungry and diverse audience(s).
- Attend weekly programming meeting with all stakeholders
- Help create the desired asset lists for each program launch, along with Social Media team
- Manage / update / revise the internal show launch calendar as it relates to programming decisions
- Drive Video team deliverables forward (.srt, description, video files, thumbnails, SEO descriptions)
- Work with Post Production Supervisor to ensure the editing team adheres to schedule, by creating deliverables for each relevant department/team
- Collect and track all deliverables; ensure prompt asset delivery
- QC all deliverables (end cards, titles, descriptions, etc.)
- Follow up with stakeholders on the progress of every video; ensure all relevant parties are kept up-to-date at all times
- Manage content tags
- Upload videos into the Facebook and YouTube content management systems
- Confirm the upload of all deliverables
- Close out projects and hold post-mortems on an as-needed basis; cross-share any lessons
- Liaise with Social Media team to apply larger learnings and strategy to the day to day workflow and timelines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- An obsession with organization
- Must work well under deadlines
- Enthusiasm and ability to learn platform specific best practices, and act on them
- Ability to over-communicate, both efficiently and in a timely manner
- Can change direction and adjust with ease, and remain ahead of the curve
- Be a highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to see problems before they arise, and offer multiple solutions
- Comfortability with being scrappy and finding workarounds to potential roadblocks
Desired / Preferred but not required:
- Experience using AirTable, or similar media management platforms
- Previous social media management experience
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- Baseline knowledge of video production schedules, or interest in learning more
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.