Program Manager, Support Engineering
We are building the operating system for real estate.Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless experience.
At Compass, we strive to provide an excellent experience for our agents. As an effective program manager and creative problem solver, you will define, build, and oversee transformational support processes for our agents by managing a team of technical support engineers. You will work closely and collaboratively with key functions across Compass, including agent operations, first-tier support (product experts), product managers, and product engineering teams. You will develop and implement best in class technical support processes, including escalation procedures, coordinate workflow for your team, improve product supportability by creatively partnering with product experts (first-tier support), and build effective collaboration practices with other teams. In addition, you will be responsible for hiring first-class support engineers to grow your team.
What you get to do:
- Establish close and collaborative working relations with engineers, product managers and product expert teams to deliver outstanding customer experience.
- Define and implement effective team processes and practices, remove roadblocks, and obstacles.
- Enable the team to serve as a user advocate with the product and engineering teams by appropriately prioritizing, solving, and/or escalating issues.
- Develop support engineering documentation and onboarding materials
- Communicate updates, risks and new opportunities to leaders and stakeholders.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and tracking for all projects.
- Hire great support engineers to grow your team.
- Manage team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus.
- Set clear expectations for team members and solicit, synthesize, and deliver feedback.
- Learn how to lead, coach, and inspire a team of professionals.
- B.A. or B.S. degree and 5-7+ years experience leading an account management, customer service, or internal operations group preferred
- Strong influence management skills and a natural ability to connect with others, in both technical, and non-technical roles, as well as ability to manage multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated program and program leadership skills and accomplishments
- Ability to think critically and strategically to evaluate processes and innovate better systems in a high-growth, fast-changing environment
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Highly organized, reliable and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to use data to improve processes and improve metrics
- Strong business software (e.g. google applications) skills. Zendesk, Salesforce, Looker a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to influence at all levels
- MBA in a management with an emphasis on business operations and strategy preferred, but not required
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.