Operations Program Manager
The Operations Program Manager will be the primary Operations interface to the core product development teams and other functional organizations within Peloton. It is the responsibility of the OPM to keep the Operations team updated on program developments that may impact Operations and to keep the Core Team integrated with the work of the Operations team.
OPMs must have a strong technical understanding of their products and have experience influencing key design and architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets and key Operations KPIs. The OPM will own their program from early architecture through program launch. This role requires close collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, Industrial Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other Operations teams to bring an Operational mindset to product development. The OPM will also own all Operational aspects of product launch including capex budgeting, factory readiness and weekly New Product Review meetings with Leadership.
- Assesses, analyzes, consolidates, and communicates risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Actively participate in HW Engineering design discussions and steer solutions to align with market fit/expectations while hitting aggressive cost targets.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering and the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product and commodity level for your project.
- Challenge HW teams at a technical level to run DOEs to enable cost down efforts from a technology standpoint.
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, and availability goals.
- Lead ramp availability with Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Engineering and other internal and external teams.
- Drive Operations team to ensure security, materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training and documentation plans are in place at our partners.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators and Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture and design locks and according to PDP timeline.
- Work in tandem with Product Managers to drive aggressive product cost targets and track product cost through development.
- Drive Operations team for factory readiness with manufacturing partners to support NPI builds and MP (line layout, automation, capacity, capex, etc.).
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety and compliance, and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics and/or fitness industry
- Knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management and teamwork experience
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical and communication experience
- Master’s degree, MBA
- 10+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics and/or fitness products, managing JDM’s with different models of engagement
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.