Manager/Director, Real World Evidence Operations
Flatiron Health's Research organization was started in 2014 with the goal of serving cancer patients by accelerating research. We believe that existing clinical research paradigms are ill-equipped to answer the research questions that face drug developers, academic researchers, and regulators in the oncology space today. By focusing on technology solutions that can be deployed widely across the Flatiron network of providers, Flatiron has the opportunity to generate insights that were previously impossible.
Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other data set that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, 12 of the top 13 oncology biopharma companies, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.
Our Research Operations team is looking for a project leader who will lead client-facing as well as internal projects using Flatiron’s proprietary RWE data and analytics platform. In this role, you will be responsible for scoping, executing and delivering these projects end-to-end. You will engage with clients throughout the projects and ensure successful project delivery and client satisfaction. You will also liaise between our Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Clinical Data Abstraction, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences teams to drive projects while scaling Flatiron’s long-term research offerings. Successful candidates will be skilled in project management, analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication (both oral and written) and excited about learning and becoming an expert for Flatiron’s data and analytics.
- Partner with Flatiron Life Science Partnerships team and clients to scope new projects
- Develop and own project plans and timelines end-to-end, and coordinate cross-functional teams to ensure on-time delivery of high quality data and analytics output
- Manage a portfolio of 3-5 projects in parallel and prioritize tasks across projects and teams based on comprehensive judgement of trade-offs
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g., Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Clinical Data Abstraction, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences) to ensure that all necessary inputs are considered and the team collectively makes clinically and scientifically sound decisions
- Lead or support meetings and engagements with external stakeholders (e.g., Life Sciences companies and Academic Research Centers)
- Track and communicate progress and decisions clearly and regularly to internal and external stakeholders
- Triage issues to the appropriate internal stakeholder and ensure timely effective issue resolution
- Create clear and consistent documentation of processes and decisions
- Create and standardize processes so that each project is easier, faster and/or of higher quality than the last one
- Degree from a top university. Advanced MBA, MHA, MPH, MS, PhD is a plus.
- Superb project management and communication skills
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience with or deep understanding of scientific methodologies or statistics
- Work experience in one of the following types of highly structured or scientific environments: academic hospital, management/healthcare consulting, research foundation, or CRO/ARO
- Passion to fight cancer
- Experience with clinical research, especially in the community oncology or clinical trials network setting
- Experience in epidemiological or outcomes research (real-world evidence)
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Familiarity with data generated from EMR