IT Project Manager
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our Information Technology team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance, etc.
About the Job:
This Project Manager will spearhead and manage our technology initiatives and project delivery. You will be responsible for delivering and supporting key IT projects including infrastructure scale, standardization, service desk, security, and compliance initiatives. You will lead assigned projects, and be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of working and founding an IT Project Management Office (PMO).
What You'll Do:
- Plan and manage IT projects by identifying tasks, resources delivery timelines and success metrics
- Utilize different project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum
- Manage program scope, schedule, budget and resources to successfully fulfill business and
- technical requirements with high customer satisfaction
- Facilitate technical support as needed including but not limited to architectural reviews, compliance reviews and various project artifacts
- Manage project issues and risks to prevent potential barriers to project success.
- Review with management project schedules and milestone dates
- Interface with technical teams, agency executives and vendors
- Strengthen planning and governance around the portfolio of IT projects
- Create and maintain relevant project documentation such as project charter/scope, project plans, status reports and operational checklists
- Provide presentations as necessary to customers, agency staff and management including the use of tools to maintain current information
- Ensure deployed solutions are compliant with Enterprise Technology and Security Standards
- Assist with procurement necessary to acquire goods and services to facilitate the project
- Tracking progress against technology, security, or compliance roadmaps and regularly reporting updates
- Lead project meetings with customer stakeholders and project teams on a regular basis
- 5-8 years in information technology with at least five years in a project management role, PMP, PMI, & ITIL Preferred
- Strong with implementing Project Management frameworks and tools
- Experience going end to end with the entire project life cycle
- Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum concepts in both application and infrastructure projects
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity and/or Compliance frameworks such as NIST, CIS Top 20, PCI-DSS a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.