Community Engagement Specialist
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. Do you want to be part of the literacy movement? We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Five years since our launch, Newsela is in 90% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
By joining the team as a Community Engagement Specialist, you will help drive use across multiple segments including students, teachers, and admin. Your day could include building reporting on the engagement and use of a specific user group, as well as looking for ways to enhance and streamline our engagement efforts. You will work closely with our external customers and across internal Community, Sales, and Account Management teams to ensure high levels of client use, meet current business objectives, and expand the reach of our client contact to increase client engagement and account renewal. This position reports to the Manager of the Customer Engagement Team.
- Update, and implement school and district onboarding and engagement activities, which will expand reach and increase the efficacy of touch points to improve engagement and account renewal.
- Work closely with our data science teams to help define and refine onboarding and engagement segments and activities.
- Monitor product usage analytics and identify trends through dashboards and automatic reports to give product owners and stakeholders a meaningful and consistent understanding of user behavior.
- Lead product demonstration calls and webinars to support school and district onboarding and engagement efforts.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support student, teacher, school, and district-wide onboarding and engagement, based on a deep understanding of our users.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to drive school, teacher, and student success with Newsela.
- Analyze and synthesize information from internal dashboards and other ad-hoc analytical deliverables for school onboarding and engagement.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1 year of experience with client facing onboarding processes and engagement frameworks to support product usage.
- Have hands-on experience with various elements of engagement analysis pipeline, such as:
• Formulating and testing hypotheses
• Identifying data requirements for analytics projects
• Synthesizing and presenting results
- 1 year of project management experience, especially in client-facing work
- Creative in developing programs and methods for engaging an audience toward the success of a goal
- Able to see the big picture as well as the small details
- Bachelor’s degree
A Few Plusses
- Knowledge of data analytics tool and usage of pivot tables.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Previous experience in education or edtech, and familiarity with platforms like Clever, Canvas, and Classlink.
- Working knowledge of systems operations.
- Working knowledge of building out market-specific engagement analysis.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach, and Looker.