VP of Product
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to build upon the largest site builder for online courses and expertise.
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Product to help us craft and execute our product strategy. You will have the opportunity to lead a team of experienced Product Managers and Designers, while collaborating with members of the executive team and other cross-functional managers to plan, execute, and iterate on our product roadmap.
We're looking for someone who is highly experienced, analytical, pragmatic, and creative. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll be a valuable member of Teachable’s executive team and guide our product to have an immense impact on our creators’ success.
- Establish a long-term product strategy in alignment with the company’s business, technical, and product goals.
- Collaborate closely with engineering leadership to implement and iterate on efficient SDLC (software development lifecycle), quarterly planning, and release processes.
- Lead and mentor a Product Org of 7 consisting of 3 Product Managers and 4 Designers
- Be a member of the executive leadership team, informing all major strategic decisions and helping us shape the culture.
- Communicate and evangelize our product strategy to the company.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Marketing, Customer Operations, and Leadership members to ensure both strategic alignment and tactical progress towards our product goals.
Who You Are
- You have relevant work experience in a leadership role at a high-growth tech startup
- You have experience managing and developing Product Managers.
- You have experience working closely with (ideally having managed and lead) a team of designers.
- You’re someone who values ruthless prioritization and cross-team alignment. You can balance technical feasibility concerns along with user experience and business goals, weighing quick wins with long-term investments appropriately.
- You’re data-driven, with a deep understanding of metrics and quantitative goal-setting and its impact on prioritization.
- You have a sharp product sense and taste for good design.
- You’re someone who is empathetic with customer needs and ensures the output of our technology team addresses them.
- You are a natural leader who relishes the opportunity to build systems, celebrate successes and push your team members to the next level.
- You’re a systems thinker, and have the ability to suggest, implement, and iterate efficient internal processes to streamline productivity.
- You are a natural written and verbal communicator, and can explain and synthesize complexity with ease. You can maintain high-trust relationships with colleagues and direct reports.
- You’re a problem-solver who can help address roadblocks and take on complex problems as needed.
Nice to have
- Experience as a former designer or engineer
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description