Vice President, Product Portfolios
Greater NYC Area
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Vice President of Product Portfolios to join our team. We are seeking a results-driven leader who is passionate about delicious, health food and nutrition. Building on our current product portfolios (which include Freshly meals and snacks & desserts), we are looking to continue to innovate within our core business and also branch out into a number of new areas. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to truly push the envelope and bring new and expanded product portfolios to market and provide massive value for our stakeholders.
- Own the master product roadmap for each portfolio, including new product strategy and launches, and interdependencies of various products.
- Supports growth / financial planning revenue based on % of products and which channels those sales are coming from and responsible for delivering against that plan.
- Manages and expands the product portfolio team, adding a testing and launching capability.
- Drive a clear product strategy for each portfolio, reviewing the Menu weighted average cost (WAC) of the product portfolio offerings and projecting revenue and profit.
- Responsible for product ratings performance / experience (in partnership with their R&D counterpart).
- Business cases for new portfolio products / lines / extensions (in partnership with their R&D counterpart).
- Partners with Marketing, content, and product on campaigns, business development, and partnerships.
- Acts as internal product expert, understands the competitive landscape and trends, and enables cross-functional support (marketing, content, product).
- 10+ years of experience in new product development, brand marketing, innovations or operations, preferably in the direct-to-consumer (DTC) environment.
- Strong culinary experience working in the food industry required, experience in a food manufacturing environment a plus.
- Data-driven individual that can marry to art of culinary development and brand with the science of a DTC tech company; accustomed to quantified decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Experience building and managing teams.
- Talent for communicating, influencing, critical thinking and problem-solving.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description