LeafLink is a marketplace that lets licensed cannabis retailers order from their favorite brands online, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With 2,100+ dispensaries and 600+ leading brands in Colorado, Washington, California, Oregon, Nevada, Maryland, and Arizona, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, is poised to define the wholesale cannabis market. This year LeafLink was named one of Fast Company's "Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise," joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink seeks a Product Manager to take ownership of the cannabis industry’s leading e-commerce and b2b SaaS platform. As our Product Manager, you will:
- Lead product evolution through the critical assessment of business requirements gathered by interacting with LeafLink teams and our customer base.
- Be passionate and dedicated to owning and managing a clean, focused, and articulate backlog with value propositions and priorities precisely organized.
- Provide company-wide transparency for our product strategy and roadmap, creating channels for feedback as well as updates on adoption and product progress.
- Champion our position and thought leadership by speaking at industry conferences and events.
- Lead the planning, strategy, and implementation of LeafLink’s technical functionality and capabilities around integrations, apis, compliance, and similar efforts
- Act as point person for escalation and resolution during the product lifecycle as it relates to product decisions, concerns, and capabilities
- Determine and provide a necessary level of documentation as well as working with other teams to produce sales and marketing collateral
- Stay informed and ahead of industry trends, advancements, and competitor capabilities
- Write requirements and stories, review UX/UI designs, and own technical documentation in close coordination with the development team
- Manage timelines using Agile Methodologies
- Prioritize ruthlessly by building consensus and coordinating with team of engineers and designers to ship high-quality experiences
- 2+ years as a Technical Product Manager for an e-commerce, enterprise, or SaaS software product
- 3+ years in a technical role, ideally as a developer
- Passionate about delighting users by creating a wonderful product experience
- Customer-centric orientation with proven track-record of developing and acting on customer insights
- Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and make valid conclusions
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Track record of successfully owning and improving a product, with growth numbers to support product adoption
- Prior startup experience a plus
- Healthcare matching
- 3 weeks paid vacation a year
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous stock options
- Team events
- Cool Swag
- Brand spanking new office in FiDi