Technical Product Manager, Core Marketplace (Contract)
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do.
TpT is looking for a technical PM to play a critical role in revamping the core backend systems that power our site and support millions of users and resources. As the technical PM on the Core Marketplace team, you will spend 5 months with the team overhauling crucial e-commerce systems like our product catalog and order management systems.
In this role, you will work closely with product teams across the company to define the right system requirements and prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Core Marketplace team is building out APIs and designing backend systems for other teams to leverage, so proactive communication and strong internal stakeholder management is a must. Your work will also be heavily informed by external user flows on TpT, so you'll rely on your strong product sense and attention to detail as well.
- Gather requirements from cross-functional product teams that include PMs, designers, engineers, data engineers, and finance/business operations
- Ruthlessly prioritize to define the right system requirements
- Drive effective decisions for our approach to building out these systems, bringing relevant stakeholders along as needed
- Clearly communicate the strategy, progress, and success of these initiatives to executives and the entire company
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- 4+ years of experience building backend APIs and systems
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions and debate (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Track record of strong cross-functional stakeholder management
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences, including external vendors
- Open-minded, collaborative, and eager to learn and solve hard problems
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, and creativity
- E-commerce / Online marketplace experience
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.