SVP, Product Management, Policy & Delivery
Reporting Relationship: Chief Operating Officer
Founded in 2008, DoubleVerify (DV) is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world’s largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance by bringing transparency and accountability to the market and ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies across every major vertical, including financial services, telecom, automotive, retail, CPG, travel, luxury and pharmaceuticals gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best-in-class solutions across the digital ecosystem. Let’s build a better industry.
The SVP, Product Management, Policy and Delivery will be the “right hand” for the Chief Operating Officer in overseeing Product Management for DoubleVerify. The SVP, Product Management, Policy and Delivery has three primary responsibilities. First, the SVP will support the COO’s management of five product teams at DoubleVerify to help ensure DV’s product strategy and delivery execution results in market-leading services and media quality measurement capabilities. Second, the role directly leads and manages the Product Accreditations and Policy Operations team that is responsible for developing DV’s internal product policies and operational compliance programs as well as ensuring the timely completion of external audits, certifications and industry accreditations. Third, the position is directly responsible for building and managing a Project Management and Commercialization function that ensures seamless new product delivery to our customers. This team will manage the product release cycle across DV’s various product teams and serve as the centralized commercialization resource for sharing information and training with DV’s rapidly-growing global account management, sales and marketing teams.
This position requires strategic thinking, an analytical mind, ingenuity, innovation and a can-do attitude as the person responsible for a broad range of DoubleVerify product activities. In addition to this responsibility, the role carries a high level of business ownership and visibility within DoubleVerify and through interactions with major associations and third parties in the online advertising industry. Finally, the role must be capable of aiding the COO in change-management as the product and engineering team grows rapidly and services a rapidly expanding global footprint of client-facing teams.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work with the COO to develop and execute the overall product management strategy for DoubleVerify. Assist the COO in executing that product strategy across several different product management teams.
- Ensure that DV establishes and maintains the appropriate global industry accreditations and certifications necessary for competitive positioning in the market.
- Lead the team responsible for developing product policies across a variety of important operational areas such as security, privacy, classifications and fraud designation. Work with the team to ensure that developed policies are effectively implemented across the organization.
- Recruit, Train, and Develop a Project Management & Commercialization team responsible for the coordination of multi-team product releases to ensure the efficient and collaborative development of product functionality across multiple product teams.
- Oversee the Project Management & Commercialization team’s coordination with the broader DV enterprise to ensure that product commercialization activities (marketing, pricing, training, customer migration, etc.) are effectively executed across a global organization.
- Become a leading voice for the DV product vision and capabilities within the DV product & engineering organization, more broadly across the DV client-facing teams and externally with both DV customers and industry associations and working groups.
- 15+ years of Product Management experience.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in the advertising technology or online media industry with demonstrated track-record of strategic and commercial success.
- B.S. or equivalent/higher level of education in Computer Science or a related field.
- Exceptional understanding of common online advertising and measurement solutions, the online advertising ecosystem and the various media buying channels.
- Experience or understanding of online advertising accreditation practices and working knowledge of accreditation and certification processes.
- Experience or understanding of product policy development and implementation operations.
- Understanding and experience in implementing effective cross-team project management operations.
- Ability to define the necessary steps to successful product commercialization and lead the team collaborating with the broader DV organization to ensure commercialization success.
- Ability to organize and deliver large amounts of information and actions across multiple dimensions of action including experience in some or all of the following: Roadmap management, agile development oversight, client support, integration management.
- Exceptional recruiting and development skills to successfully grow and manage a team of reports.
- Superior data analysis skills. Ability to personally deliver strategic insight and action from information.
- Passion and desire to play a key product role in leading a high-growth business in a fast-moving and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality, commercially-successful online advertising products through both individual achievement and the leadership of a team of product management professionals.
- Deep understanding of the online advertising industry, ad platforms and market trends.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ad technologies across mobile, desktop and OTT for display and video in social, programmatic and direct buying channels.
- Strong process management, business process re-engineering, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to balance the need of the customer while maintaining corporate objectives.
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive “can-do” approach.