Squad Master - Partner Product
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
After launching our new product, Dailymotion is now looking to take the B2B product foundation to the next level by leveraging the in-depth knowledge acquired through qualitative and quantitative research. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor in our effort to turn our vision into reality, working from the beginning to the end in the product development lifecycle: from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations.
This Squad Master position will be focused on the B-2-B/Partner focused aspect of Dailymotion where we deliver amazing products/features directly for our Verified Partners. Our Partner Product team focuses on delivering an intuitive, reliable and performant platform and toolset to its millions of partners, content creators and publishers.
- Doing everything possible to ensure team flow, value delivery and customer delight
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Getting the work done from the different team members (designers, product owner, marketing, developers, …) without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution across the different locations (New York, Paris, Marseille) and time zones.
- Ensuring the appropriate documentation is available and updated throughout the different phases of the projects.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Communication skills in French is a strong plus
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience working with Jira, Git, Python, PHP, ReactJs, GraphQL, Docker, AWS, Google BigQuery, Tableau
Location: New York
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract / Temporary contract