Senior Product Manager: LBaaS
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and motivated self-starter to lead product within our Load Balancer and CDN products team. We want someone with cloud computing domain knowledge, especially with hands-on experience launching and supporting large/distributed cloud networking products and services. Reporting to the Manager of Products, the Senior Product Manager will be the business owner for the Load Balancer and CDN products. You will be setting strategy and defining a product roadmap while engaging with customers, partners and various internal teams.
You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers, and engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and launch products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide.
DigitalOcean Load Balancers are a fully-managed, highly available service that distributes traffic to pools of Droplets. They decouple backend service health from the health of a single server to ensure that your services stay online.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features as well as driving product adoptions into forthcoming upstack offerings.
- Define performance criteria across the suite of products and features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and create user stories.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for new products and features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Enable the sales team with product training and collateral.
- Create and drive a community engagement plan.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ability to collaborate and lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience and domain knowledge in the cloud computing space, preferably building and delivering compute products & services.
- Ability to analyze data and articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products can help
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents
- Working knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, and distributed systems are a plus
- MBA a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Product team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!