Greater NYC Area
Employment Type: Full-time
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Product Manager at Spruce, you will work cross-functionally to manage and implement the product roadmap with the goal of delivering consistent value to our customers and internal stakeholders team. You will relentlessly pursue widespread market-based knowledge in an effort to help Spruce define it’s offering and evolve its differentiators. You will develop a deep-seated knowledge of the business goals, the real estate technology market and our client base. This knowledge combined with stakeholder insights will help you identify and weight the value of features you build.
You are a problem-solver that is continually thinking about how you may productize insights to create efficiencies for users. You are an excellent communicator that is not afraid to ask questions in order to get to the bottom of a problem. You have experience documenting requirements, managing project teams through complete implementations and you aren’t bashful about speaking up when you see where you can create an improvement. You are a self-starter that has the ability to see through the small stuff in order to achieve the greater goal.
You will be integral in influencing team culture and product development at Spruce. You will report to and work closely with the Director of Product on projects, hiring, culture, and career.
What you’ll do:
- Work to define and document highly valued, roadmapped projects articulating implementation requirements.
- Collaborate with our design practice to gain an understanding of users, pain points and journeys. Act as the voice of the user in the definition of enhancements and solutions.
- Align with engineering to understand technical implementation complexities and identify challenges.
- Jointly manage project teams with lead engineers sizing work, tracking progress and measuring execution.
- Own feature builds becoming the in-house expert on the topic. Develop an understanding of the value of features and defend builds in resourcing conversations.
- Own QA for feature release to production.
- Coordinate and manage releases to mitigate internal and external risk.
- Maintain the product roadmap, collect insights, develop feature lists, and prioritize feature builds.
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
What we’re looking for:
- You think strategically, integrating overarching business priorities, decision frameworks, data and user research into your product process.
- You are empathetic and user centric. We work to solve challenging problems in a complicated and evolving real estate tech industry. You work hard to understand your users and can bring together different needs and communicate them effectively.
- You’re a superb collaborator and communicator. You thrive working in cross-functional groups coming from a range of backgrounds. You build trust and consensus by practicing inclusion and by articulating your decisions in an empathetic and practical manner
- You are a relentless prioritizer and organizer. You have the ability to distill what we should improve and how it should be done.
- You flourish in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, and are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to drive clarity and get things done.
Spruce is the platform that enables fast, frictionless, and transparent real estate transactions across the country. We believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation and empowering homeowners, so our mission is to make real estate transactions amazing for everyone involved in the process.
As a small, ambitious startup there is lots to do, of course, but everyone at Spruce is passionate about supporting each other and making the office a fun and comfortable place to spend time. Located in Flatiron, our dog- and family-friendly office is bright and sunny – just like our disposition. We offer unlimited vacation, flexible hours, comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, a dazzling variety and amount of La Croix (that’s organized by color in a separate fridge!), yummy bagels on Monday mornings, a free team lunch on Wednesdays, monthly game nights, happy hour every other week, and lots of free snacks.
We are an intentionally diverse group and believe that a diversity of experiences in the workplace ensures a broader range of perspectives, a more inclusive company, and better products. We welcome individuals from all walks of life to consider becoming a part of it. We intentionally set out to build a team that is inclusive to all, recognizing that a diversity of experiences in the workplace ensures a broader range of perspectives, a stronger team, and better products. We are proud of the team we’re building, and we continue to be committed to equal opportunity employment. The more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our customers.
Read Full Job Description