Who are we?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. By combining the expertise of an advisor with the sophistication of a technology provider, we’ve modernized the retirement offering while removing traditional friction points. As a result, advisors get an easy button for expanding their business, employers get a cost effective solution without the administrative burden, and employees get a user friendly portal that helps them achieve their long term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech and Finserv investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $11 trillion 401(k) market. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun. Oh, and we’re really good at ping pong.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re keen to add an amazing Product Manager to the team who’s passionate about changing the retirement fintech space. We’re looking for someone who loves to solve problems and is driven to build great products. You will work across all of our products - translating company goals into focused initiatives, actionable steps, and a living backlog of work to be done. You will help refine and execute a product vision, improve engineering project management processes, and implement external/internal product communication and feedback channels.
We’re a startup so a self-starter mentality comes first and foremost. You are someone who will dive into whatever creative challenge is placed in front of you, as you’ll have your hand in any and all of the following: product requirements, functional requirements, acceptance criteria, test cases, wireframes. Your job requires an amazing relationship with operations, development, QA and business stakeholders to deliver new product features that critically impact the growth of our product.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
- Understand high-level strategic plan, identify opportunities and translate that into buildable features.
- Work with customer and business stakeholders to understand business requirements/goals for new features.
- Partner with developers to breakdown product requirements into stories and provide functional requirements/acceptance criteria.
- Assist QA team in understanding the appropriate positive and negative test cases to ensure test coverage ensure a high level of code quality.
- Provide constant and iterative feedback to development team including identifying bugs and assisting in resolution.
- Complete functional testing and provide product sign-off when feature are ready for a production release.
- Development process and tools for tracking usage trends and allow data to inform future development plans.
- Bachelors with minimum of 3 years in business analysis, product management, or software development, or similar capacity
- Exceptional business and systems analysis skills
- Ability to thoroughly understand business/functional requirements and possible business use cases
- Understanding and ability to drive the software development lifecycle in an Agile environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, project-oriented environment and meet deadlines under tight time constraints
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both in verbal and written formats.
- Must have the ability to interface with staff, management and clients
- Early stage startup, FinTech, Tech, and/or Financial Services experience
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!