Product Manager (Pilgrim SDK)
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
About the position:
The Pilgrim team is seeking a Product Manager to focus on enhancing the functionality and feature set of our passive location SDK and integrated tools, as we work to expand our reach to the next 100+ partners and 100M+ devices.
Success in this position will mean becoming an expert in the location technology and mobile marketing industries and combine that knowledge with direct client feedback, usage patterns, and Foursquare’s unique geo-behavioral dataset to define and productize the location-based use cases that will power the next generation of Pilgrim-enabled mobile apps. You will be the internal champion for our clients both present and future, and can articulate their needs as well as anticipate future roadblocks. You will comprehend the developer and marketing ecosystem we play in, and present your vision for how our technology best fits within
Pilgrim is a highly technical product; you should have a passion for working with large and complex data sets. You easily manage several projects at once, and prioritize among dozens of external feature requests. You work well under pressure and you can communicate well with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across various levels.
- A minimum of 4+ years experience as a mid to senior level Product Manager.
- Technical: While you won’t write (much) code, you should be able to weigh in on technical tradeoffs and have in-depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex engineering systems.
- Visionary: Clearly define product vision and strategy, and inspire people with it across multiple teams. You will be able to articulate your ideas in verbal and written communications.
- Product mentality: You must be able to define goals, consider trade-offs, prioritize accordingly, defend your decisions, and drive towards the goals you define.
- Metrics focused: Define metrics for success and failure. Analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
- Experimental: Good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis, and multivariate testing.
- Education: BA/BS in Computer Science, Design, Economics, Statistics, or other technical/analytical/creative fields.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.