Product Manager, Payroll Compliance
Join the Product Management team as a Product Manager as we drive to develop a new generation of Namely’s Payroll Product. In this role, you will partner with legal and compliance, product, engineering and other internal stakeholders to continue moving Namely Payroll compliance to excellence and creating a better client experience. You will collaborate with Compliance and use your Namely Payroll knowledge to guide feature prioritization, operational efficiency and requirements. Additionally, you’ll work with our engineers & third-party providers (Symmetry & MasterTax) to evaluate system assumptions, whether internal, or external.
- Partner with our legal, compliance and operations teams, in developing requirements for engineering and product to facilitate the execution of tax updates, new taxes and system enhancements.
- Collaborate with compliance and provide Namely Payroll system review for any ambiguity in requirements and software specifications.
- Work with an immediate team of PMs, designers and engineers to execute the roadmap across a feature family.
- Support product team as a subject matter expert (SME) in Namely Payroll
- Assist with Namely Payroll system specific testing scenarios to identify compliance issues.
- Aid in the analysis of systemic failures reported by clients or other internal stakeholder team that pertains to the software (not our services) to ascertain their root cause, and recommended adjustments towards compliance.
- Assist with auditing our software, before and after production launches, to ensure it is meeting our compliance obligations in all applicable jurisdictions, be it manually or in an automated fashion.
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through rapid, data-driven and customer informed iteration
- Coordinate testing and implementation of payroll wage and tax data to meet specific jurisdiction specifications.
- Manage Symmetry release updates and relationship
- 2+ years of Namely Payroll/HCM system experience
- 2+ years payroll training, payroll support, payroll implementation or payroll compliance experience
- Experience researching legislation on relevant industry groups/sites, such as the APA, IRS or BNA
- Experience using data analysis to drive decision making
- Experience defining requirements and specifications
- Self-direction, drive, and leadership
- FPC or CPP Certification
Nice to Have
- High level of proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, vlookup, countifs)
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries using techniques such as join, group by and where in ()
- Experience working with large datasets in Redshift
- Experience working with on other SaaS HR, benefits, payroll platforms
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients’ employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees...just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.