Product Manager, Decision Systems
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
You will be joining the OnDeck Product team – a group of product managers, designers and user researchers with deep passion for building elegant and rave worthy user experiences to solve big, complex problems. We dream big, we breathe user centricity and design thinking, we live Agile and practice Test-and-Learn. Oh, and having fun is a big part of what we do – whether it’s community service events, team get togethers, or weekly social hours in the office.
As the Product Manager, Decision Services you will be responsible for working with the Director, Decision Services to drive the product strategy and execution of key initiatives for the Decision Services team. Decision Services encompasses all aspects of credit decisioning, a core part of OnDeck’s leading online small business lending platform. The Decision Services team creates and maintains all data connections and models, as well as constantly enhancing an advanced rules engine with integrated underwriting workflows.
As a Product Manager, Decision Services, at OnDeck you will:
- Build, groom and own the product backlog for Decision Services
- Partner with Risk, Underwriting, Operations and Sales to define requirements for changes to the credit policy
- Collaborate with Underwriting on ensuring proper automated and judgmental Underwriting workflows
- Partner with a team of engineers, quality assurance and Project Management throughout the development, qa and release cycles
- Monitor analytics to see how changes are impacting the credit decisioning process and the overall customer journey
- Lead strategy, execution and launch for the next generation decisioning technology stack
Qualifications for success:
- At least 3 years of Product Management experience, preferably in credit policy or underwriting product management
- At least 2 years experience managing one or more agile pods as the product manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science
- Fluent in Agile routines and conversant with Agile ceremonies
- User Centric mindset and drive to deliver the best possible solutions for our customers
- Experience articulating a vision, building out a solution and iterating through Product development lifecycle
- Experience partnering and building strong relationships with Technology to test, build, launch and grow transformative Financial platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to climb a steep learning curve
- Sound analytical skills and experience mapping, detail oriented, experience in understanding and troubleshooting complex systems
- Strong Organization skills and ability to manage teams to meet deadlines
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Working knowledge of Python
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**