Product Manager - Core
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to build upon the largest site builder for online courses and expertise.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to help define and execute product strategy around our core product experience of content creation and consumption. Along with your technical lead counterpart, you will be responsible for a subset of our core product and guide a cross-functional pod of engineering and product design to build new features, and expand upon our existing offerings to help our creators share their expertise more easily than ever before.
With the unique opportunity to design, create, and work with a talented and driven team, Product Managers at Teachable shape the future of the company and help us accomplish our mission.
The ideal candidate is experienced, analytical, pragmatic, and creative. This role is strategic as well as hands-on, and reports to the VP of Product.
- Lead ideation, definition, and prioritization of the pod roadmap based on stakeholder input, data-based hypotheses, and alignment with company product strategy.
- Build alignment with engineers, designers, executives, and other functions to drive efficient decision making to deliver a quality product.
- Manage day-to-day communication, project planning, specifications, and documentation around all pod features and initiatives.
- Experiment, validate, launch and optimize user-facing features that deliver against our key business goals.
- Define, monitor and analyze metrics for features and initiatives, and incorporate learnings into the product development process.
- Be the voice of the user. Lead discovery via customer interviews, feedback gathering, and surveys, synthesizing both quantitative and qualitative user data to inform key product decisions.
- Contribute to the craft of Product Management at Teachable, and be a flag bearer for evidence-based decision making across the organization.
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience in a SaaS software product company with experience in:
- “Product sense” -- a sharp understanding of what makes a product great and the ability to balance complex design and engineering trade-offs to build one
- Knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle
Requirements gathering and roadmap planning based on stakeholder input
Writing detailed requirements and specifications
Multitasking and managing multiple projects in a complex environment, and adapting to change in information available
Analytical decision-making with the strong use and understanding of evidence - both qualitative and quantitative
Running programs such as user interviews, betas, workshops etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, business or related field
- Experience as a former designer, engineer, or user researcher
- Experience at a fast-growing SaaS startup, preferably in the $20-$50MM range of annual revenue.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description