Product Development Manager, Community - Enterprise Technology
About the Role
The role of the Product Development Manager is to lead the productization of the community tools of WeWork OS, the technology platform that powers the WeWork workplace experience. WeWork OS is a key component of Powered By We - our service where we bring the WeWork experience to owned office spaces of enterprise businesses. The community tools are the suite of software for our on-site community managers to activate and continuously optimize our client’s spaces. The Product Development Manager drives a cross-functional team, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills. The cross-functional team is responsible for all aspects of commercialization and overall enterprise customer experience from business requirements and vision, to pricing, to documentation.
Our WeOS Product Development Leads are technically strong and have a combination of design thinking skill, business savvy, and software engineering experience. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals and inspiring teams to deliver. Our WeWork OS Product Development Leads are both strategic and tactical and understand what it takes to deliver compelling experiences at scale. In this role you will bridge the gap between our clients and our internal technology teams, providing a voice of the customer and vision for cross-functional products.
- Lead a small team of design, content, and research to drive the commercialization of our software.
- Collaborate with internal technology product managers on product roadmap from concept to ship.
- Oversee the development of standard processes and documentation for implementation and deployment
- Partner with sales and customer support to understand market drivers and customer needs.
- Coordinate with legal on standard agreements and SLAs.
- Represent the product to external customers and aid in the sale and implementation of our services
- 5+ years as a product manager, engineering or product leader
- Experience in a consulting or services company preferred
- Strong presentation, written and verbal skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale and 24x7 product operations
- Two years of software engineering, systems engineering, or QA experience preferred
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.