Product Development Assistant
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As Product Development Assistant, you will be ingrained in all functions of the fashion team including buying, planning, site merchandising & the photo studio. In this exciting new role, you will be responsible for supporting the entire life cycle of a garment from the initial development phase to the styles being posted on our website. As Product Development Assistant, you will be responsible for data entry and maintenance of product information in the merchandise system & managing the product development time and action calendar. You will work closely with your manager and planning teams as they work through in-season production management reacting to trends and changes in the business.
- Enter orders into our systems and send purchase orders to vendors
- Ongoing order maintenance within order entry system, reacting to necessary changes promptly
- Send product development packages to vendors, track all samples, and communicate sample status reports
- Monitor development calendar deadlines and workflow with external vendor partners
- Track all development and fit samples, lab dips, artwork and on order to ensure on time delivery
- Manage on order and ensure on time delivery of product
- Manage and track shipping of orders from domestic and overseas partners by partnering with our freight forwarders and operation teams as they process the inbound logistics of the POs
- Manage and approve billing from vendors with finance department
- Work with photo studio and marketing teams on all sampling needs
- Generate weekly selling reports and provide vendors with accurate selling information; escalate any damage and return for fit issues to buyers
- Clearly communicate performance metrics with vendors and share insights on assortment and customer preferences
- Handle other responsibilities and projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 1-2 year experience in a retail or fashion-related industry role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence
- Strong analytical skills, retail math skills and attention to detail
- Detail oriented and strategic thinker
- Ability to be self-motivated; to adapt to a fast-paced environment; and to motivate others
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Contribute to and work well within a team environment