Greater NYC Area
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We’re looking for an experienced designer to deliver a high-quality product experience across all our products and channels. You’ll play a key role in product-focused projects and collaborate closely with our Head of Marketing, Head of Engineering, Head of Product, Head of Operations, our researchers and our support team. That’s practically the entire breadth of the company because we believe that the primary role of design is to deliver a clearly thought-through end-to-end product solution that takes every aspect of product delivery into mind. You will report directly to a Product Design Director in our NYC HQ.
What You'll Do
- Our product and experience design touches our physical kits, our email marketing, both, digital and physical marketing artifacts, retail experience design, service design, research, customer journey mapping, copy design, videography, photography, graphic design and brand design You don’t need to be an expert in all of the above but having experience in all and being willing to work in all is important to this role
- You will play an important role in building and helping manage core Candid™ properties including candidco.com, Candid's consumer app, Candid's business tools and others.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, marketing, and support is important to this role
- We will need you to create and own design systems that allow the teams around you to ship products and features reliably and quickly
- Designers at Candid don’t focus solely on pushing pixels, we care about pushing the business forward. You’ll be expected to work within business needs and constraints in addition to looking for opportunities to elevate the business’s offerings
- Part of your role will entail working with our research team and spending time with customers and prospective customers; you’ll make a concerted effort to talk to them to understand their needs, their objections and how they see our product fitting into their lives
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of work experiences for other companies
- A portfolio of work that is clear about your thought process, not just final design work
- Strong UI and motion design abilities using contemporary design tools
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from the entire product team
- A deep understanding of end-to-end product design processes, including journey mapping, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, user testing and writing (you don’t need to be a copywriter but appreciate that writing is a pillar of design.)
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your product over time
- A high degree of comfort with best in class prototyping tools that assist your product team in fast learning
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description