Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
After launching our new product, Dailymotion is now looking to take the product foundation to the next level by leveraging the in-depth knowledge acquired through qualitative and quantitative research. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor in our effort to turn our vision into reality, working from the beginning to the end in the product development lifecycle: from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations.
This position will be focused on the B-2-B/Partner focused aspect of Dailymotion where we deliver amazing products/features directly for our Verified Partners. Our Partner Product team focuses on delivering an intuitive, reliable and performant platform and toolset to its millions of partners, content creators and publishers.
We expect our Product Designers to consider each project fits into an overall service design objective, aligning our core experience with business targets and technology constraints. They must also consider the fine details of user interaction - components, labels, and flows - to help users achieve their goals. Product designers should be comfortable understanding and communicating complex products and designing for a variety of platforms.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Use data and research to inform design thinking
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Proactively contribute to a feedback culture that consistently strives to execute quality
- Partner with other designers, engineers and data scientists to manage the design process, drive decisions, track design issues and oversee the user experience of new features and products optimisation from conception until launch
- Create interaction models, workflows, wireframe and prototype
- Collaborate with design peers and cross-functional teams to build concept consensus
- 3/4 years in-depth knowledge and experience of user experience design of digital products across multiple platforms.
- 1/2 years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design of digital products across multiple platforms.
- Experience applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas
- Deep knowledge of interaction design patterns across multiple platforms and ability to create prototypes using Sketch, Principle, Framer etc.
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must be organized, analytical, and dynamic
- Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline a plus
Location: New York
Type of contract: full-time and permanent