Product Designer, Design Systems
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams with product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We are seeking talented product designers to help lead the direction of future releases. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
The Design Platform team works on the implementation of the design system. We create everything our team needs to keep a consistent user experience and aesthetic across all our products: components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling.
You'll collaborate with members of the Design Platform team and the wider Product Design team to refine the Squarespace design language, helping to build the best publishing platform in the world.
Prior experience with the challenges of working on design systems, and deep understanding of web technologies is a plus.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Deliver polished comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Follow both large and small projects through, beyond delivery
- Work with front-end developers to create new and maintain existing components
- Design interaction patterns and create prototypes
- Evangelize design decisions across the organization
- Identify opportunities to improve our existing design system
- Specify and maintain core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models
- Enforce consistency and coherence across our design system
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Love of iterative development
- Experience developing great software
- Experience using vector editors like Figma or Sketch and prototyping tools like Principle or Framer
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
- Accuracy and obsessive attention to details
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.