Product Analytics Skimm'r
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm analytics, product, and engineering teams are a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating products Skimm’rs love. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. This role will help us better understand our email and web users and their behaviors in order to shape the future of our products and roadmap.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working with our a) engineers to build the ideal analytics infrastructure, b) product team to prioritize and answer the most important behavioral questions, and c) acquisition and marketing teams to measure performance
- Making use of raw data to understand and identify actionable trends related to our users’ product usage
- Segmenting our users to understand their different motivations and use cases along with our ability to fulfill those needs and add meaningful value
- Conducting funnel, retention, and churn analyses to identify points of friction and/or opportunities for improvement
- Designing and analyzing tests in order to inform key product decisions
- Developing a sound understanding of the role email and web play across theSkimm’s ecosystem of products
- Building dashboards to enable the broader team to understand mobile app KPIs and ensure that knowledge is shared across teams
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 4+ years of product analytics experience
- To be beyond comfortable with data
- To be extremely creative and resourceful in order to solve complex problems
- A sound understanding of cohort analyses
- Fluency with SQL
- Strong attention to detail
- To be a self-starter with a proven ability to handle stressful situations
- A desire to learn new skills and get outside your comfort zone
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Already a Skimm'r
- High EQ
- Experience with Python or another scripting language
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY