Payroll Operations Manager
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Payroll Operations Manager you will be responsible for the coordination and management of the team handling garnishments, income withholding orders, and administration of unemployment claims. You will apply your knowledge as a payroll professional while developing and implementing improvements to multiple processes. We are looking for a hands-on leader, who will think and act both strategically and tactically. You should be an enthusiastic individual with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing your team members.
What you'll do
- Manage the operations and workflow for wage garnishments, income withholding orders, and unemployment claims including ensuring compliance, timely execution and accurate remittance to agencies or vendors
- Handle general management responsibilities associated with the existing team of three individuals, such as leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports, and conducting periodic performance reviews
- Ensure adherence to SLAs and collaboratively resolve issues with internal partners, vendors and agencies
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to improve systems, diagnose bugs, and deploy solutions
- Identify pain points and remediate issues by creating processes and maintaining operational tools
- Communicate changes in procedures and other important updates across teams
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- CPP or FPC required
- 3+ years of work experience
- 1-2 years of people and team management preferred
- Experience with wage garnishments, income withholding orders or unemployment claims management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technologically savvy; experience with utilizing multiple systems and software program
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.