Manager, Product Management
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who care about user experience and are inspired to create a platform that developers love
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Manager of Compute Product Management will lead a team of Product Managers and drive the execution of our Droplet growth plans and a number of other initiatives including the rapidly advancing Managed Kubernetes roadmap.
We are looking for Product Leaders with a track record of managing product teams and expertise in IaaS, PaaS or infrastructure B2B Software. You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers and engineers to deliver products that enable our community of 3.5 million developers to spend more time on innovation instead of managing infrastructure.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Oversee Product Management work in your teams, to ensure that development effort meets user needs, is aligned with company goals, and ships product in a consistent, plannable cadence
- Relentlessly listen and proactively reach out to customers through a variety of channels
- Drive Product Management best practices to improve consistency and sustainable organizational growth
- Hire, develop, mentor, and provide ongoing performance feedback to Product Managers on your teams
- Support senior management during quarter and yearly planning through roadmap prioritization, definition and refinement of business cases
- Work with internal and external stakeholders such as Marketing, Sales, Support, Community, Product Design (UX), and Operations to ensure alignment across the organization
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience leading a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Solid understanding of the challenges that face developers when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products can help
- Financial and Business Case Modeling
- Ability to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product, and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Ability to articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to lead productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents, on a technically sophisticated product
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus).
- Past success in shaping software products with an eye on ease-of-use.
- Successfully managed a complex technical product through the full development lifecycle.
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus.
- Hands-on experience as a user of cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- MBA is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Product team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!