Lead Product Management Associate
Crossix, a rapidly growing, company delivering healthcare marketing analytics solutions to leading pharmaceutical companies and their agencies, is seeking a talented, experienced Lead Product Management Associate to join our team in New York.
If you have a strong understanding of product operations, an affinity for increasing efficiency using standardized process flows, and are an entrepreneurial spirit who will challenge the status quo, then this is the opportunity for you! This role is uniquely positioned learn how programmatic, television, and digital technologies converge in the rapidly changing healthcare space. The ideal candidate will be career-driven, with excellent attention to detail with an insatiable appetite to learn, and eager to join a sharp Product Strategy team at one of the fastest growing analytics companies.
What You’ll Do
- Support Product Strategy leadership to develop improvement, innovation and efficiency in company operations, leveraging automation and processes that easily scale.
- Take ownership of critical operational process improvements for Crossix audience products related to programmatic campaigns, Addressable TV, data-driven linear campaigns, etc.
- Become expert in day-to-day partner communications and quality control.
- Provide pre-implementation and post-implementation support to external stakeholders including agency partners and publishers, and integrated commercial teams at Crossix
- Develop, manage and present operational updates of DIFA product suite.
What You’ve Done
- 1-3 years related post-college experience.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized with strong project management and prioritization skills.
- A strong understanding of TV and digital media; especially the role that product operations plays, and comfortable playing multiple roles in a highly functional operations group.
- Experience managing external vendor partners in product delivery across a set of clients/campaigns with an eye towards process efficiency at scale.
- Experience within an ad operations, account management, digital media planning, product management, or technical project management function.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools (i.e. JIRA, Pivotal Tracker) is a plus.
- Experience in ad-tech across the programmatic digital ad serving ecosystem (DSPs, SSPs and DMP platforms) a plus. Experience with DoubleClick and LiveRamp preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as an affinity for explaining complexity through process flows, operational workflows, and succinct documentation.
- Experience with account management / CRM systems such as Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Bachelor's degree, with quantitative aptitude.
Conflict Management, Communication Skills (written and oral), Teamwork, Adaptability, Efficiency, Deadline-Oriented, Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills, Planning and Organizing
About the Team – Crossix delivers hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.