Head of Product
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, trials are an intensely manual process. Data are largely collected via pen and paper and binders of physical documents are stored and transported from site to site. The process is further complicated by the required coordination of numerous parties, including doctors, patients, research coordinators, data managers, and trial monitors. Inefficiencies such as these result in trials costing hundreds of millions of dollars and fewer than 10% finishing on time.
We believe that product innovation is foundational in reimagining the clinical trial experience. Our products and tools enable us to simplify complexity within the trials themselves, streamline workflows that are critical to trial execution, and ultimately reduce the cost and time of delivering a new treatment. Product and design promote patient health and engagement by enabling a patient-centric experience throughout the trial.
We are working on real-world, impactful problems that impact millions of people. As our Head of Product, you’ll play a leading role in shaping TrialSpark’s products and executing the world’s most efficient clinical trial, while providing the best experience to all of our users. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas, from crafting rich patient journeys to optimizing internal operations for coordinators and physicians.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Team development - building, mentoring, and growing a world-class team of product managers and designers
- Product vision - ownership over and definition of the product roadmap, working closely with the CEO and CTO, articulating product strategy across the company
- Product execution - accountability for the delivery and impact of our products, both internally (with operational teams) and externally (with patients and physicians)
- Product culture - advocacy for the role of Product in an organization, and close communication and collaboration with teams across departments
- Getting your hands dirty - we’re a small team and we have a lot of work ahead of us. You should be excited to roll up your sleeves and help the team in any way you can.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in product management and product leadership, with a strong track record working with engineering teams
- Have deep experience working directly on or with operations teams to define and drive operational KPIs
- Have a history of shipping and delivery of world-class products (healthcare experience is a plus)
- Are analytical and data-driven - distilling complex workflows and systems into clear processes and decisions with cross-team impact
- Are detail oriented - we believe in high-quality products, from pixel-perfect design to well-designed, compliant user workflows.
- Can learn extremely quickly - clinical trials are complex and consist of many moving parts. Effective prioritization of work is critical to our success.
- Have deep empathy - being able to truly understand the needs of both our external users and internal TrialSpark functions to align everyone’s goals.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.