Group Product Manager, Marketing
The Product team at Squarespace is seeking an experienced product leader to lead the development of marketing tools that help our customers find, engage, convert and retain their customers.
You will manage a team of PMs focused on building different aspects of our marketing tools, including Email Campaigns, Analytics, and Distribution tools (SEO, Social, etc), and will work with them to take our marketing suite to a new level. You’ll be responsible for product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, and group operations to ensure we build engaged teams that consistently ship great products.
You are deeply data-driven and motivated by business impact. You have experience leading product teams that are focused on driving product adoption and paid user growth. You are highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; you possess a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products; and you’re deeply focused on interpreting data and maximizing business outcomes.
- Define a medium and long-term product strategy for a marketing suite that drives ARPU expansion and user growth.
- Collaborate with engineering and design to ship new, impactful changes and ensure consistency across the Squarespace platform overall — including preparing requirements documents and/or technical specifications, coordinating user research, and tracking progress across multiple workstreams
- Partner with product marketing, customer operations, analytics, and strategy to further understand user needs and synthesize those needs into product strategy and roadmaps
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders within the department and cross-functionally throughout the organization, driving alignment on roadmap and strategy as well as managing cross-team dependencies
- Manage, coach, and mentor other product managers and coordinate with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve your goals
- Help shape processes and standards for product management at Squarespace
- Connect your products to business outcomes
- Build cross-functional relationships and manage complex, cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- 7+ years of experience in product management, ideally in companies building marketing technology for small businesses, and 3+ years of managing product managers.
- Experience successfully driving user growth and engagement of new product lines and finding product/market fit.
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Strong data and analytical capabilities
- Deep curiosity, creative thinking, and a mindset of experimentation and learning
- Proven ability to lead product managers and cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Technical understanding and proven ability to partner with engineers
- Self-directed and proactive attitude
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.