Director of Product
Namely is looking for a Director of Product to help lead our growing Product Management team. The ideal candidate is passionate about the craft of shipping great software that helps our clients manage their businesses better and Namely grow as a business. Namely’s Product and Design team is rapidly growing with a mix of SaaS veterans and domain experts in HR, Payroll and Benefits.
In this role, you’ll manage the product teams and roadmaps for some of Namely’s product lines, help build out the Product team and work on the multi-year product strategy for Namely as a whole.
- Work with a team of Product Managers (PMs) to develop a multi-quarter roadmap and vision for one or more of Namely’s product lines, and ensure that it ties into the company’s business goals, customer needs and engineering objectives
- Develop and own KPIs based on qualitative feedback, client behavioral metrics and other data that directly tie to business outcomes
- Represent product across the organization with engineering, sales, client success, operations and marketing and help establish processes for each of these functions to work with product productively
- Leverage product insights to effect change through the organization
- Understand and apply common engineering patterns in feature design (ie. BI systems generally involve JSON logs going into a messaging queue. The most popular messaging buses right now are Kafka and Kinesis.)
- Develop customer empathy and insight with regular sales and client success calls
- Mentor and coach individual product managers and help develop their quantitative ability, customer empathy, technical acumen, design thinking and product strategy
- 5+ years of Product Management experience a high tech startup, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Experience being responsible for business outcomes (ie. ARR, churn)
- Experience hiring and managing a team of PMs
- Passion for the practice of product management
- Experience shipping customer facing features/applications
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Experience crafting product requirements and specifications
- Understanding of UI/UX design concepts and principles
Nice to Have
- Experience with Business Intelligence systems
- High level of proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, vlookup, countifs)
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries using techniques such as join, group by and where in ()
- Experience working with large datasets in Redshift
- Experience working in or HR, benefits, payroll space
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.