We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Build Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Build Team consists of world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
Product Management Overview
Product managers are builders that bear overall responsibility for product definition and delivery. Product managers work with design, strategy and engineering to create a compelling vision culminating with delivery of a disruptive product to market that fits customer needs. The product manager facilitates the product requirements gathering across the team, and manages the incubation/commercialization process gates and deadlines to ensure successful and hygienic delivery. Product managers are the driver of the multidisciplinary team through lean, agile-based incubation and commercialization process – e.g., Build, Learn, Adapt.
Product Managers must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, strategy and business planning, user experience design, engineering and agile/lean development practices. They must possess an entrepreneurial drive to develop new products, while managing client needs and timeframes to broker complex relationships that evolve into real solutions. The ultimate success of a product manager hinges on their ability to guide their peers while influencing decision makers.
As a Director of Product Management, you will:
· Lead teams to incubate and commercialize innovative, disruptive solutions
· Provide goals, structure, mentoring and inspiration to all team members
· Ensure the use of best practices in the development delivery of digital solutions
· Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
· Be a champion of the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible
· Make build versus buy decisions
· Develop business cases and operating plans
· Develop and present new business proposals
· Create, manage and track budgets and work plans
· Develop and monitor budgets
· Act as the primary point of contact in partner and client discussions
· Coordinate the hiring and staffing of project teams
As a Director of Product Management, you will need:
· 10+ years of Product Management experience
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical discipline (computer science, electrical engineering)
· An MBA or other advanced degree (preferred)
· Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries
· A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
· Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
· Experience launching multiple successful digital businesses
· Experience in developing complex digital business models
· An ability to think strategically and creatively
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills
· The ability to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-demanding and service-oriented environment
· A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
· Excellent leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
· The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.