Associate Technical Product Manager
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for an Associate Technical Product Manager who has proven experience delivering software and is a master at optimizing productivity and understanding technical concepts. If you are an open communicator with a passion for shipping bug-free software and you are excited about changing the world of investing, Stash is looking for you!
What you'll do:
- Prioritize a feature backlog for a backend engineering team juggling multiple work streams
- Answer day-to-day product questions from engineers to guide implementation
- Manage communication of progress/status to internal and external stakeholders
- Triage bugs and other improvements to alleviate issues swiftly
- Develop tools and processes to improve team efficiency, delivering more value to the customer, and the company, faster
- Support operations, compliance, and customer experience teams in their technical questions and needs
- Identify and implement ways to improve the systems backing our trades, transactions, and money movements
- Work with other product managers to understand how the system works and support necessary backend changes for feature development
- Guide the next phase of development as the application scales to multiple services and teams
What we're looking for:
- 2-3 years working in software engineering or technical product management at a software company
- Knowledge of SQL and/or data modeling and analysis tools
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Knowledge of REST, JSON or event based architectures
- Previous experience in a production engineering role is a plus
- Excitement and passion to innovate in finance
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience preferred
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.