Associate Product Manager
We’re looking for an Associate Product Manager to join us and help provide the world with on-demand access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
About the Role
Product Managers at AlphaSights tackle an incredibly diverse set of challenges and opportunities. From figuring out how to seamlessly pay experts across 120 countries in almost any currency to building a global conferencing platform to host calls between our clients and experts, PMs have a huge impact on the growth of the company and the broader knowledge search industry.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be working with a dedicated team of engineers and designers on new challenges, applying your problem-solving and creative skills to deliver value to clients, experts, and internal users. You’ll have significant autonomy to define how you execute your role and the ability to influence how the growing Product team works at AlphaSights. It’s a great opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in his or her Product career.
We are defining an industry at the intersection of human capital and technological innovation, pushing the boundaries of how we acquire and share knowledge to drive progress for business and society. From investors to corporate strategists, business-builders to social entrepreneurs, our clients are innovators and decision-makers spanning every industry and geography. Though their pursuits differ, they share a common need: to converge data, ideas, and earned wisdom to navigate competitive and rapidly-evolving markets.
Leveraging relevant industry data and our proprietary knowledge search technology powered by the latest in machine learning, natural language processing, and data science, we connect people to the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs 600+ professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
What you’ll do:
The Associate Product Manager role is a great opportunity for a smart, curious, and driven individual who wants to get into or progress within Product. On a daily basis, you’ll:
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product area, and inspire your team, stakeholders, and wider company, empowering others to make great decisions
- Contribute to the product strategy for your area of focus and create and maintain the roadmap, validating and prioritizing the products we need to develop
- Carry out qualitative and quantitative research, including discovery sessions, white-boarding, user interviews, UX studies, and data analysis
- Understand the key user needs and business requirements behind each initiative, and distill this into concrete requirements, in the form of a prioritized backlog, for the development team
- Collaborate with Engineers and Designers during development, acting as the domain expert and voice of the user
- Contribute to planning sessions, retrospectives, and other Agile meetings
Who you are:
- Love tackling complex problems in ambiguous environments and have the grit and creativity to get to a great solution
- Are analytical and have a knack for problem-solving
- Have the ability to both think big picture and deep-dive into the details when necessary
- Are known for your project management and organizational skills
- Have a strong appreciation for what makes a great user experience, and how that translates into success for the business
- Are tech savvy and have at least 0-2 years work experience
- You don’t need a background in Product Management to apply, but Product and/or Technical experience is preferred
Why join us?
- Culture: AlphaSights has the resources of an established company with the fast-moving, forward-thinking approach of a start-up. We’re a diverse, global team that’s dedicated to working hard, continuously improving, and having fun in the process.
- Benefits: Competitive salary; generous paid time off and parental leave
- Wellness: Full medical, dental, and vision benefits; weekly yoga and other in-office exercise classes
- Savings: 401(k) company match; discounts on gym and transportation
- Learning: Conference and professional development budget; office speaker series
- Travel: Opportunity to work and train abroad and go on offsite trips
- Fuel: Subsidized lunches, breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, and other beverages
- Events: Monthly budget to bond with your team outside of the office; company-sponsored sports leagues, Friday socials, and summer/holiday parties