Associate Product Manager, Inshape
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is an Associate Product Manager Important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a product manager that will take product ownership of InShape, our proprietary manufacturing supply chain management tool that is at the core of our business. You will listen to our customers and stakeholder needs, define and prioritize functionality, and work closely with peers in engineering, operations, and product to build and deliver timely updates, as we continue to refine our best-in-class production software, to better serve our growing business needs.
As an Associate Product Manager you will...
As an empathic, organized and collaborative product manager within our Product team, you’ll be responsible for the functional development of InShape, and other fundamental business systems, including:
- Speaking regularly with our customers and key stakeholders to understand their needs and how we can deliver them.
- Drive projects by performing market and competitive research, capturing requirements, developing use cases, and user stories around the product, achieving consensus, writing specs, and shipping software with a team of engineers and designers.
- Define and iterate on on the process that take a product from 3D model through all stages of production and delivery, as efficiently as possible.
- Evaluate and incorporate new hardware into InShape that will allow for access to new rapid manufacturing technologies.
- Define and analyze goals and metrics that allow the team to measure the success of their work.
Measure metrics regularly, and use that data to make adjustments to the product.
- A passion for building great products
- 2+ years and strong skills working with InShape and a complete understanding of the product life cycle of operational products
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Ability to learn quickly and self-motivate
- Experience working at a startup, especially one in the manufacturing space, is a plus
- Previous product management experience or direct exposure is a plus
- 3D modelling or programming experience is a plus
Why join our team?
At Shapeways we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.