Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We are seeking an innovative, execution-focused Growth associate who manages initiatives that will drive growth, strategy, and corporate development to support Cityblock’s mission to radically improve the health of communities across the US. In this role, you will support the identification and engagement of Cityblock’s commercial partners (i.e., health plans and risk-bearing providers), collaborate on individual partnership pursuits for multi-million dollar annual revenue contracts, and help define corporate strategies aligned with Cityblock’s growth objectives and mission. Your responsibilities, among others, will include financial modeling, project management, and development of high-quality materials and collateral for partner engagement. The optimal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, displays an analytical mindset, communicates exceptionally well, and works collaboratively with all team members.
If you like solving hard problems, have deep experience evaluating and implementing new technologies and capabilities in healthcare settings, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Develop and continuously refine Cityblock’s core financial models to support commercial deals.
- Drive fidelity and centralization across the organization for all commercial financial modeling and analyses. Own the integrity of our commercial models and proactively seek to surface and drive out ambiguity.
- Support Financial Operations (FP&A / Reporting) team in translating inked commercial deals into run-rate financial operations and controls. Own the financial integrity of that hand off.
- Lean into our expansion strategy, helping to build the quantitative and qualitative collateral necessary to drive executive-level discussions.
- Own market opportunity tools/analyses to drive commercial decision-making.
- Sit on Growth team standing meetings and partner-specific working groups. Directly support the production of high-fidelity project management tools and collateral on short time-windows.
- Project manage specific high-value partner negotiation deliverables. Over time, you may manage specific work streams and components of the sales cycle.
- Build frameworks and diligence memos for various strategic opportunities as they arise.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience in healthcare (startup, management consulting, payer/provider, VC/PE)
- You have exposure to value-based contracting models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants
- You know your way around a spreadsheet and can develop models and analyses from scratch
- You have demonstrated success in project management and end-to-end execution
- You are detail-oriented and bring analytical rigor to all your deliverables
- You thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor. You self-direct and learn
- You are highly proactive and always follow-up. You get to the bottom of a problem. You tackle today's problem, while simultaneously improving workflows to prevent repeat issues in the future
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can extract insights from noise and are an effective written and oral communicator who can deliver sharp presentations
Nice to have:
- High growth startup experience, specifically technology/VC-backed
- Experience with health plan financial operations
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.