At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is “Let’s make it better”.
We’re an award-winning, mobile-focused product creation agency. We design and launch highly visible, innovative, real-world solutions for premier brands, and believe in working with partners - not clients - to help enhance their customers’ experiences. We are honored to be consistently recognized as industry leaders.
We want to have a profound impact on everyday lives, and shape the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, and by working in collaborative teams who value empathy and who are committed to relentlessly improving.
As an Associate Director of Product Management at Prolific, you lead a product development group with multiple product managers. You are a visionary and strategic asset to our partners and you effectively run and cultivate our partner relationships. Developing your team, forming high-impact product strategies, and seeing them through to fruition gets you going every day. You can explain a vision that inspires everyone from the engineers and designers on your team to the CTOs of the Fortune 500 companies and high-growth lifestyle brands we partner with. You lead from the front by coaching, you sustain relationships that last and succeed, and build teams that come to work inspired.
Your Responsibilities & ImpactOwn Partnerships
- Define high-impact product strategies and ensure the success of the products we build with our partners
- Build trust through problem solving, candor, and decision-making skills
- Lead conversations about product opportunities and manage project budgets
- Identify opportunities to drive strategic value for partners and, where mutually beneficial, take responsibility for extending and expanding our partnerships
- Work with the new business team to develop a vision and product approach for new partnership opportunities
Lead Product Development
- Effectively educate our partners on our product development process and seamlessly kick-off new partner engagements
- Facilitate the creation of a product vision that accomplishes user and business objectives, and inspires our product teams
- Coach the PM and team to develop and communicate a short-term roadmap and long-term strategy for the multiple products under your guidance
- Lead the product development lifecycle and drive outcomes through attention to detail and adaptability -- train your teams on the details of their role from stories and acceptance criteria to annual product planning
- Foster an environment dedicated to quality
Develop A Team
- Directly manage the product managers on the partner engagements you oversee
- Coach, mentor, and create career development plans for the product managers on your team
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process for new product managers
- Incorporate opportunities to flex the team's creative muscles through exploration and experimentation
- Help ensure product teams are properly resourced and supported to achieve results
- Engage fully in the director-level community at Prolific by sharing support, insight, and recommendations to other directors and product owners globally
- Lead by example with positive energy and composure
Your Skills & Experience
- 8+ years experience as a product manager with a consistent track record of delivering extraordinary digital products
- 5+ years experience running business or partnership development, key involvement in a sales process, or experience with contract negotiations
- Experience handling direct reports and leading teams
- Experience leading agile teams and educating others on agile methodologies
- Experience collaborating with senior engineers on complex projects -- a track record of engagement in problem-solving
- Unique presentation and storytelling skills
- Ability to draw the best out of multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to form and articulate a cohesive vision around user and business needs, timelines, and technical possibilities
- Eagerness to embrace challenges on a daily basis
Our Benefits & Rewards
We know that our employees will do their best and most impactful work if they are happy, healthy, and supported. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees are taken care of.
We do this by providing and promoting:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as 401(k) company matching and commuter benefits
- A healthy work life balance. Our Flexible Vacation Policy allows you to take what you need, as long as it works for your team. Plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, summer and winter breaks when the office is closed
- Voluntary life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid new parents leave
- Creature comforts like snacks, games - and actual creatures thanks to dog-friendly offices
- Employee-led resource groups with a focus on diversity and inclusivity, enhancing and sustaining the wellbeing of women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals
- A committee dedicated to promoting health and wellness in the workplace through initiatives like fitness challenges, guided meditation, and kombucha brewing
- Opportunities to give back through company donations to charitable organizations
Prolific Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to a safe, welcoming, and truly inclusive environment for people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationalities, ages, and religious beliefs.
Prolific Interactive was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City, San Francisco, and Durham. We’ve delivered mobile experiences for leading brands like Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, TB12, and American Express through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products.