Vice President, Global Support
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is in the process of building out a world-class Global Support organization and is looking for an experienced leader to take our initiatives to the next level. The Vice President of Global Support reports to the SVP of Operations and is responsible for the development and on-going management of our Global Support teams across the world and across all our sales channels: Small Business, Partner (reseller), Mid-Market and Enterprise.
The VP of Global Support is responsible for ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by managing top quality and productivity guidelines that will be met by each team. The ideal candidate has experience successfully building out a scalable, tiered support model across multiple countries, languages, and channels (e.g., email, chat, community), all while creating a vibrant, dynamic, customer-focused culture.
This individual’s primary responsibilities are to expand our existing global support teams in Europe, Asia and North America, build out escalated support tiers, and put in place initiatives to monitor and improve key KPI’s for efficiency and customer satisfaction.
As the leader of Support, this individual will lead a highly skilled team and instill diligence, accuracy, a sense of urgency and efficiency when meeting the operational needs of the customer and the business at large. They will also work cross-functionality with other Yext departments, acting as the central voice for the department, and work to align support efforts with the company goals and initiatives - proactively identifying challenges and providing cross-functional solutions.
- Act as an architect for Yext’s global support structure, with a thorough understanding of Yext’s product and customer needs
- Identify areas for strategic improvement in regards to the systems, processes, policies and procedures
- Build and manage global support team capable of supporting:
- Multiple tiers of support
- 24/7 support availability
- Multi-language support
- Service support across various platforms: email, chat, phone
- Service support across all sales channels: Enterprise, Midmarket, Partner, SMB
- Have a fast track with
- Oversee the handling of Tier 1 and Tier 2 support functions across the globe, including the transferring of tickets between tiers and offices.
- Establish relationships with BPO providers and determine whether/how to use these providers alongside Yext direct employees
- Establish executive-level reporting to track team efficiency and coverage
- Work alongside Strategy teams to productize our support offering
- Create a customer-centric culture focused on finding solutions and wowing customers
- Make Yext a best-in-class support operation able to provide best practices to Yext clients or support their end customers, if desired
- Coach, support and develop talent within the team; manage employees’ growth and career trajectory and scale the team by sharing opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency while also identifying the key barriers for success
- Serve a key stakeholder, working with cross functional teams to build out relevant help resources
- Raise the Bar – work continuously with the team to ideate, build and scale new ways of thinking / approaches to raise the bar in terms of the value we are bringing to our customers
- 15+ years of experience in the Customer Service industry
- 5+ years management experience
- 2+ experience managing globally dispersed support teams
- Direct experience building out and managing global teams
- A true, inspirational leader who enjoys hiring, developing, mentoring and motivating top talent.
- A strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who is able to use data to find solutions
- Experience working in a SaaS company (highly recommended)
- Able to work out of our New York Headquarters on a weekly basis
- Willingness to travel occasionally to oversee other Global Support hubs
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.