Trust & Safety Specialist
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. As a Trust & Safety Specialist, you will support this mission by working to keep our platform safe and compliant. You will learn and keep apprised of global technology laws and policies, communicate with our users and third parties, and work closely with our Legal team. You will also collaborate with our Engineering and Customer Operations teams.
This role reports into our Trust & Safety Lead and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Respond to inquiries regarding potential violations of our site policies and related laws
- Manage disputes related to site content
- Respond to law enforcement requests
- Provide recommendations to our legal team for approaching site and user issues
- Proactively develop new Trust & Safety policies and procedures
- Conduct research and analysis of international tech laws and policies
- 1-2 years of Trust & Safety experience, or strong internship experience
- Strong understanding of internet communities and knowledge of legal issues that arise in those communities (e.g., copyright, trademark, privacy, defamation, harassment)
- Strong memo writing skills and ability to translate complex issues into clear language
- Excellent judgment and integrity
- Knowledge of current tech policy issues
- Comfortability in dealing with explicit and/or objectionable content
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to handle competing priorities
- Ability to stay calm in challenging situations and to maintain a courteous, professional composure with customers and other third parties
- Passion for Squarespace and an understanding of the product
- BA/BS degree
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.