Technical Support Engineer, Abstraction Technologies
We're looking for a Technical Support Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will serve as the primary point of contact for our users as they utilize our platform to curate cancer data. This role is highly collaborative and focuses on ensuring our application is successfully empowering our users to work effectively. In addition, you'll also:
- Work with non-technical users to deeply understand reported issues, scenarios, and questions
- Work with product and engineering teams to investigate, prioritize, track, and resolve application issues
- Become a product expert and work cross-functionally across a wide variety of users and workflows
- Use SQL and other data processing tools to answer users’ questions and make data updates and corrections
- Build out documentation to support highly technical workflows
- Partner with application engineers to manage the release process and ensure new features are well-tested and meet users’ needs
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, can read and write code, and can handle a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating excellent user empathy. You are skilled at communicating with technical and non-technical folks alike. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate, and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a technical role
- You have experience working with relational databases and SQL
- You have thoughtful written and spoken communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences
- You have the ability to develop hypotheses with limited information to quickly solve ambiguous or complex problems
- You have experience managing and communicating with stakeholders while driving issue resolution and advocating for users
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working with agile scrum software engineering teams
- You have experience working with web applications and high-level languages like Python
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.