Technical Product Support Specialist
As a Technical Product Support Specialist you will provide incident troubleshooting, replication, diagnosis, and tracking of advanced technical product inquiries. You will be a cross-department point of contact for technical issues that go beyond the scope of Tier 2 support teams across all areas of product. You will help the team evaluate with engineering to debug and patch issues while also improving platform features by presenting user stories to the Product team. Daily responsibilities will include customer feature request management and communicating complex technical issues and solutions with customers in the queue.
You will report to the Senior Team Lead of Technical Product Support.
- Help maintain the Technical Product queues assisting in the troubleshooting of advanced tier 3 issues on the Squarespace consumer and developer platforms.
- Provide support for solving technical issues by filing, managing, and triaging bugs and improvements with Product and Engineering teams.
- Partner with QA, and product team to support identification and resolution of issues across product.
- Help write and maintain developer platform documentation.
- Support TPS internal technical projects by aiding in the development of and by troubleshooting code for assorted internal tools.
- Create and upkeep education on developer communities and best development practice on the Squarespace platform.
- Work with the team to ideate, build and scale approaches to raise the bar concerning the value brought to our customers
- A understanding of and experience with, web development, including a working knowledge of responsive web design and cross-platform compatible coding
- Desire to investigate issues beyond what is required to obtain advanced knowledge
- Experience with optimizing site design and performance across a variety of modern devices
- Ability to translate technical issues to a nontechnical audience
- Ability to identify patterns across information and data that are not obviously related to identify underlying issues.
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with the Squarespace Developer Platform including JSON-T templating language
- Working knowledge of GIT and SFTP and local development methods.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- An analytical thinker who can resolve complex issues and problems where answers have eluded others, and can help other people grow in their understanding of the product
- Knowledge of API development, REST, JSON, XML
- Understand ADA compliance
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.