Store Operations Manager
About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is pushing the boundaries of brick-and-mortar retail, offering a technology driven, customer-centric store experience designed to provide efficient and seamless service. Our stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory closet and last mile fulfillment, pick up and drop off centers, styling studios, and event and community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading the daily inventory operations of a fast paced ever changing business. This role will develop structure and process for our inventory management to build a world class operation! She/he will work to build a productive and organized team of inventory associates and leads, and will report directly into the Store Leader. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of…
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn and grow with your team
- taking risks where trying new things and learning from mistakes are valued
- new adventure to rewrite the rules
- a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- Lead in understanding, implementing, and living in the core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where we’re always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things and where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- a positive and collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect and trust?
Leadership & Communication
- Oversee execution of daily store operations including all inventory management, back of house organization, and partner with the Visual Manager on floor standards and replenishment
- Be a leader on the overall team, acting as the Manager on Duty on the sales floor as needed. You will spend ~50% of your time FOH interacting with customers and should be able to translate customer experience challenges into operational action plans
- Lead by example, always driving a positive and brand right customer service experience while demonstrating an enthusiastic and positive attitude while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Recruit, hire, and train a high-performing team that drives consistent operational excellence and fosters a collaborative and positive team environment
- Continually coach and develop your team to adapt to an ever-evolving business through consistent communication, training, and development chats
- Maintain, and implement operating procedures in a fast-paced, constantly-innovating environment and effectively communicate feedback and best practices to store and retail liaisons
- Assure store safety standards and OSHA compliance are met at all times
- In-depth understanding of all Rent The Runway products, systems, standard operating procedures, and customer service expectations
- Clearly communicate procedural updates needed to drive productivity and scale store operations
- Work alongside the store leadership team to address and troubleshoot operational opportunities to improve the overall team and customer experience
- Oversee all operational processes, including incoming and outgoing shipment, customer returns, back of house organization, and the weekly store inventory scan
- Manage and execute weekly inventory scan in a timely manner, investigate and reconcile discrepancies and communicate feedback and opportunities to the store leader and corporate partners
- Act as liaison to our Dream Fulfillment Centers and corporate retail partners to identify, communicate, and act on operational opportunities and challenges
- Assure store recycling and replenishment procedures are being executed
- Enhance overall operational efficiencies in store by identifying the need for new and improved processes, managing productivity rates, and maintaining an organized-efficient environment for customers and employees
- Partner with the Store Leader and Visual team to support the merchandising function with responsibility for ensuring ongoing inventory allocation, adherence to visual presentation standards, and timely replenishment of merchandise on the floor.
- Deliver meaningful feedback to the product allocation team and communicate opportunities for inventory capacity management.
- 5+ years experience leading a team, including 2 years of operations or back of house management
- Proven ability in leading, coaching, and developing direct reports, while attracting and retaining top talent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency with Excel and Google Docs
- Ability to analyze data and reporting from multiple sources to generate insight and inform operational decisions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, be flexible and adaptable, and stay positive in an ever-changing environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store, work while standing and walking and be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week including nights and weekends
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need