Senior Production Support Engineer
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
What you offer us:
- Passion for digging deep to get to the heart of an issue - tackling only the surface problem just doesn’t cut it for you.
- Enthusiasm for helping others in a helpdesk or similar troubleshooting environment. You achieve a great sense of accomplishment through the service you provide.
- Creativity in problem solving – often the simplest workaround isn’t the most obvious one.
- Facility with reading and writing SQL statements of medium to advanced complexity. You must be able to dig through and make sense of large volumes of data across multiple tables and databases to identify and isolate issues.
- Proficiency with Linux: navigating the file system, editing files, searching through logs.
- Ability to anticipate technical problems through monitoring.
- Demonstrates expertise with other stakeholders by providing input to multiple business initiatives, contributing ideas or improvement to your teams and others.
- Prioritizes succeeding as a team versus succeeding as an individual; provides direction/supports to other staff members.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
In this role you will:
- Interact with virtually every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
- Be very popular inside our organization – people love having their problems solved!
- Have a variety of ways to contribute instead of doing the same thing over and over again. For example, you might focus on responding to tickets on some days, on other days you may have to dive deep with SQL on data integrity issues, still others you may be identifying and solving problems at a higher level through process optimization and tools creation.
- Analyze issue trends and work with our technology and product teams to advocate for fixes.
- Perform in-depth research and find the root cause of production issues.
- Build new scripts/tools and use existing scripts/tools for data correction and data integrity validation.
- Foster a culture of learning, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Define and implement Production Support best practices.
- Monitor the successful completion of our daily batch jobs.
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 3+ years of experience in a Production Support role
- Strong Understanding of Linux
- Comfortable creating complex SQL queries
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- ITIL certifications or experience working in an ITIL environment. This team is mainly focused on the Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes.
- Experience scheduling and managing batch jobs.
- Exposure to programming languages such as Python and Java
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience working in the Financial industry or with Web applications.
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment, as this role will involve helping to identify features/define requirements and perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Training or experience in process optimization and documentation.
- Experience identifying data issues.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC, Best Places to Work, 2018 (#16)
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**