Senior Manager, Transportation (Supply Chain: Drop Box / Lockers)
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Senior Manager, Transportation (Supply Chain: Drop Box / Lockers) is responsible for executing and scaling Rent the Runway’s transportation network strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging multiple business partners both internal and external to ensure best in class customer experience across multiple carriers and distribution centers.
Execute RTR’s national transportation strategy:
- Implement outbound, inbound and internal shipping strategies in partnership with operations and supply chain leadership, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Build working relationships with operational counterparts at each carrier, acting as primary point of contact with the goal of driving continuous improvement along with maximum flexibility and responsiveness in the event of the unexpected.
- Conduct weekly quality calls with carriers to discuss delivery performance, exceptions and timeliness of arrival and dispatch, resulting in concrete, measurable, action plans.
- Onboard and offboard carriers from network as applicable, negotiate pricing and manage compliance with performance standards, reporting and other obligations.
- Determine and execute emergency recovery strategies as necessary in response to natural disasters, warehouse outages or other disruptions.
- Act as primary contact for retail and CX teams to ensure that the transportation strategy is meeting their needs and they are complying with all policies.
Lead transportation support for RTR’s pickup and dropoff network:
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to scale RTR’s network of physical drop off and pickup locations, including optimizing transportation strategy in each market, building process to address common support requests and developing a playbook for the launch of new markets and locations.
- Own day-to-day transportation operations for each location and delivery service provider with responsibility for all customer service and financial KPIs; travel as required in connection with the launch of new markets and / or addressing issues in existing markets.
- Offer timely support to account management team on transportation-related escalations.
Develop transportation performance reporting into a strategic advantage:
- Own performance reporting for RTR’s parcel, final mile, internal, drop box and other networks, working with RTR and third-party resources to drive toward the most accurate, actionable view of customer delivery experience.
- Partner with transportation analytics and other stakeholders on the development of shrinkage and cost reporting in connection with the drop box and internal retail networks
Bring a leadership mindset to a high-growth environment:
- Create leverage for the supply chain team through the design and implementation of a comprehensive dock clerk training program including SOPs, metrics and processes for evaluating progress.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies.
- Be patient, have strong communication skills and the capability of giving and receiving effective feedback including training and development of hourly associates.
- Lead teams through change and embrace continuous improvement.
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards.
- 6+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business Administration or other applicable field required
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement preferred
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!