Senior Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager of Environmental Health and Safety is the designated safety representative of RTR’s dream fulfillment center (DFC), serving as the leading technical resource for all relative fulfillment center people safety and environmental compliance areas and implementing all areas of the RTR Safety Program. The Senior Manager is responsible for collaborating with teams to establish a culture of safety focused on the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses by implementing occupational safety and health standards, providing safety and health training that leads t knowledge transfer, and working with operation partners to develop innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and work collaboratively on the development, review, and revision of safety and environmental training programs.
- Prioritizing the safety and environment initiative and hazards across the building, and ensure actions are taken to mitigate or eliminate risks
- Ensure leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of required state/regional/ federal regulations
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable RTR Safety Policies where gaps remain the EHS manager will be responsible for developing Safety policies and processes partnering with key business leaders
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing EHS performance and implementing action
- Conduct incident investigations as needed.
- Perform frequent safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury
- Ensuring accurate and timely EHS record keeping, document management and effective case management, as well as preparing, maintaining, and submitting records and reports required by the company and/or regulatory agencies
- Identify and anticipate safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational and occupational conditions. Investigate and review safety violations, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, near misses and accidents with supervisors and fulfillment center management
- Creation of key safety processes which include but are not limited to Emergency Preparedness, Evacuation plans, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment and Accident reporting guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required; Master's degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in and risk management
- 4+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 500 people
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with executives and senior leaders
- Proficient in google docs, sheets and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
- Familiarity creating evacuation and emergency action plans
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!