Senior Client Success Analyst
Does uncovering hidden insights in data give you life? Do you get excited about using data to automate manual tasks? Do you dream in SQL?
Then we want to meet you. As Senior Client Success Analyst, you’ll partner with Updater’s Client Success team to improve outcomes for clients and for Updater. You’ll drive all data projects for the Client Success team, discovering insights and collaborating with executives to influence strategic direction, evangelizing data-driven decision-making, building reporting and automation to prove value to clients and improve team efficiency, and serving as the resident data expert for data-related questions and education across the team. If you enjoy building deep working relationships with stakeholders, love getting up to your ears in data, and aren’t satisfied until a project is driven to meaningful impact, we want to work with you!
- Analyze drivers of client churn and help create a client health score metric.
- Partner with Product team to build client-facing reporting into Updater’s product.
- Collaborate with Engineering team on anomaly detection system to maximize client data quality and optimize one of Updater’s company-wide KPIs.
- Analyze impact of Client Success actions like in-person trainings and onboarding motions on Updater’s north star metrics; make recommendations to further improve business and client outcomes.
- Create streamlined processes for periodic data-intensive tasks like client Quarterly Business Reviews.
What You Have
- 3+ years experience as an analyst in a fast-paced work environment; proven ability to drive material business impact through analytics.
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your -- and Updater’s -- customers’ point of view in order to anticipate their needs (bonus points for proficiency in telepathy).
- Strong communication: you’re as comfortable talking with our Real Estate General Manager as you are with our Director of API Engineering.
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren’t afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: you’re used to being asked open-ended questions and whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data.
- Curiosity: you anticipate the needs of the business, proactively make recommendations, and are continually learning and trying new technologies.
- Expert SQL skills (bonus points for proficiency in Python or another scripting language).
- Practical knowledge of statistics.
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Periscope, Mode, etc).
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater was named a top 100 Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC twice and was ranked as the highest rated tech company on the list in 2016. In 2019, Updater was named as one of Built In NYC’s Best Places to Work. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.