Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Senior Carrier Manager, you play a key role in helping Transfix achieve its ambitious goals by serving as the liaison between our carriers and the rest of the business.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you’ll do:
- Source and manage carrier relationships in line with the needs of our customers
- Train new carriers and drivers on how to use our product and improve their performance
- Utilize negotiation skills to ensure we’re moving freight at the optimal cost
- Collaborate with key carriers to help them grow their businesses with Transfix
- Partner with customer experience to manage any issues that come up during the operation of the freight
- Innovate and refine operational processes to enable team growth and efficiency
- Assist teammates with problems while also managing your own work
- Work with operations leads to streamline processes
- You have 2+ years of experience in transportation management or freight brokerage
- You are analytical, a critical thinker, and love solving complex problems
- You have a strong ability to multitask methodically
- You are organized, and manage your time efficiently
- You are able to maintain multiple streams of communication, while producing high call volume
- You have strong internal and external communication skills including verbal, written, presentation, and active listening
- You possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills that you use to collaborate across a wide variety of partners & stakeholders
- You have established and maintained carrier relationships
- You are familiar with creating carrier contracts
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.