Sales Operations and Strategy Manager
The SelfMade mission is to help e-commerce entrepreneurs grow their business. We leverage technology and marketing expertise to deliver effective and affordable growth solutions.
SelfMade values constant improvement and communication that is honest, thoughtful and kind. We have an inclusive, innovative, and inspired workplace, driven by our passion for our customers' success.
You will be the first sales operations hire at SelfMade. We are onto something big and you will help us bring SelfMade to the E-commerce entrepreneur. You will not only be obsessed with data, but you will be relied on to leverage insights to ultimately drive the success of the company through execution and operational excellence. You will work closely with Sales and Operations leadership to set growth goals for the company and for the sales team.
We are looking for someone that loves ambiguous problems and big challenges. You are a proactive and independent thinker with the big picture in mind. You love to roll up your sleeves, get scrappy and be creative to create new solutions. You thrive in unstructured, results-oriented environments.
- Be the first sales operations hire at SelfMade - be comfortable with ambiguity and work closely with key leaders to create clarity in the role itself and our growth trajectory as a whole
- Lead sales-side data and analytics initiatives to drive insights and decision-making
- Create revenue growth plans across existing product lines and be ready to do the same for new product lines as we evolve and grow to meet the needs of our customers
- Work closely with Sales and Operations leadership to develop a deep understanding of growth and retention drivers and our unit economics to identify and hone in on the right opportunities for our sales team - create the systems for scaling lead gen
- Unlock new lead gen channels for SelfMade with efficiency in mind - an understanding of paid user acquisition is a plus
- Own reporting and forecasting for the revenue side of the organization - be ready to identify and quickly act on material changes on a weekly, or even daily basis - focus on root causes and continuous improvement
- Create and own data systems and structures for the sales team - you will scale systems for collecting the right data and ensuring CRM accuracy (we use Salesforce)
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in Sales Operations or Sales Strategy, preferably within a high growth environment - startup experience is a strong plus
- Have a history of success and excellence in Sales Operations and the results and data to prove it
- Have strong analytical skills - you have the instincts to create hypotheses and the technical skills to test them with data
- Are able to work autonomously through ambiguous problems
- Have exceptional communication skills - you can effectively communicate across the organization including with senior management
- Have advanced proficiency with Excel (index/match, array formulas, etc.) - knowledge of Salesforce and SQL are a plus
- Value art, technology and individuality, and our mission is to help small businesses grow
- Are a small, dedicated team of smart, business leaders, product thinkers, creatives, and experienced engineers
- Are data-driven and take ideas from the whole team
- Believe that people are at their best when they’re growing - and we’re committed to professional development for everyone on the team
- These are early days at SelfMade. If you like getting things off the ground, this is for you.
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Health & wellness perks through ClassPass and Subsidized gym memberships
- Flexible Working Hours
- 401K Plan
- Free Meals and Snacks with a Fully Stocked Fridge and Pantry
- Cold Brew Coffee in the Summer, Fresh Hot Coffee in the Winter, and Seltzer on Tap Year Round
- Subsidized Commuter Benefits for MTA & CitiBike
- Monthly Team Outings
- 20 Paid Vacation Days & Unlimited Sick Days
- Office Located in Little Italy
Expect a competitive application process that will include an initial assessment, phone screen, and in-person interview. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.