Working under our Head of Supply Chain, the Purchasing Associate will be an integral member of our Finance team and will coordinate all purchasing and logistics for our construction project sites. S/he/they will work cross-departmentally with our design, supply chain, project management, customer experience, and logistics teams while helping Knotel achieve its company objective to rapidly scale operations and the department goal to improve the purchasing process.
What You’ll Do
- Support project management, design, and construction teams by managing purchasing & logistics for site-specific projects
- Place accurate and timely purchases that align with our vendor payment terms and manage procurement process from placement to delivery
- Liaise between procurement and project management team in defining bulk quantity already on order vs current project need and placing any additional orders as necessary
- Maintain record of Purchase Orders and serve as point-person on product availability, open order shipping timelines and any issues with shipments
- Think critically and analytically about how to leverage our data to support scalable and efficient processes within the supply chain function
Who You Are
You are a natural problem-solver with a bias towards action and exceptionally high standards for organizing your work. You possess a high-level of ownership, accountability, and initiative. You pick up new skills quickly and have an exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated experience in working with a team in a fast-paced environment, coordinating logistics, and/or balancing multiple projects and timelines. You also have the following:
- 2+ years, or equivalent experience, in purchasing and/or logistics function. Bonus points for experience in commercial real estate.
- Experience contacting vendors, placing purchase orders, and/or reviewing vendor contracts
- Experience working directly with accounts payable
- Strong verbal and written communication required to liaise with multiple departments and vendors
- Solid foundation of business intelligence and best financial practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize effectively
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised over $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, Stash, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.