Pricing & Packaging Strategy Manager
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about making innovative pricing and packaging strategies that maximize customer value.
We are establishing a Pricing and Packaging Strategy Team to evolve how our product portfolio is monetized. The team will have ownership of our product business models, how those products are packaged to drive more customer value, and what additional products are needed for our users.
As a Pricing and Packaging Strategist you will report to the Senior Manager of Pricing and Ecosystem Strategy. You will provide detailed analysis on customer behavior and market drivers utilizing customer, market, product and financial data. Using this analysis you will make innovative recommendations to product teams and executives on how to best execute our pricing and packaging to optimize customers' lifecycle. In addition, you will work with finance, infrastructure and other stakeholders to make sure we align with infrastructure lifecycles and sustain proper levels of profitability.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creating business cases and forecasting models that explore different monetization strategies
- Assessing market opportunities for existing and new customers, products and technologies
- Aligning the organization and executives on pricing and packaging strategies/recommendations
- Performing detailed data and financial analysis around profitability, customer lifecycles, infrastructure investment and technologies
- Collaborating with product, design, marketing, finance, infrastructure and sales organizations
- Conducting user surveys and research
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience working in corporate strategy, management consulting, or product/business planning
- Understand cloud IaaS/PaaS offerings, Developer Ecosystem
- Have experience driving business models, monetization strategies and/or customer lifecycles
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed data analysis and financial forecasts
- Ability to synthesize multiple data sources and POV into a compelling story
- Proficient at handling multiple stakeholders relationships across the organization including executives
- Passionate about working on turning abstract project asks into innovative, concise recommendations
- Driven by a desire to make the complex simple for the customer
- Strong Excel and SQL skills
- Experience in data mining techniques and statistical programming language(s) (Python, R) is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Product team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!